Dr. Fisher on Periodic Effects Podcast PE291: The High Cost of Cannabis Legalization
Join host Wayne Schwind and returning guest Ruth Fisher, PhD, as they discuss what the process of legalization has done to the cannabis industry. A complex problem exists in going from black market-only to a fully legal market. How can government successfully navigate this problem? What are different states doing, what's working, and what's not? What did we do when Prohibition was overturned?
- 00:00 - Intro, Ruth Fisher, Ph.D
- 01:00 - Taxing regulations impact on cannabis
- 05:50 - State-to-state regulated commerce
- 08:18 - Looking at cannabis tax procedures
- 16:30 - Why regulators tax this way
- 25:25 - Taming the black market
Listen or watch below.